Thursday, November 5, 2020

(DOVE) COSTUME RESEARCH: Naoki Tanizaki

While pursuing a style that "comes nicely" to himself, in addition to shorts with deep slits, baseball shirts have recently taken hold. Tanizaki talks about his commitment to mesmerising fans both in his match and visually.

HAIRSTYLE
Hairstyles continue to change, such as cuts and perms, but he has dreadlocks currently. 
"I usually have a normal hairstyle, but I go through various cycles. It's a cycle that after a long time that makes me want to play trying to apply a braid or a perm. I get it done on a friends rate (laughs).

BASEBALL TOP
The shirt has both the Dove and the Osaka Mixture logos, and the number "116" is on the back. 
"The jersey number can be black or a when I am with Sparky, yellow, but the number itself I am particular about. The details are a company secret. Also, I found the brand in England, "Superdry", and I change the letters bit by bit."

GLOVES
He wears long gloves and red taping which wrap around the wrists. 
"Because I wear a baseball shirt, the taping needs to be wrapped longer, so I think it is better to wear gloves. I found them and bought them at home improvement stores. Recently, I have been using Russian hook punches, although it's a foul, it gives some consideration to the opponent" (laughs).

HALF PANTS & SHORTS
A deep slit is on the side of the long shorts, which hang over wrestling boots, kneepads and shin guards. 
"The slits have completely eliminated the damage the costume takes, which I think was ground breaking. I designed it myself when I was in Mexico, thinking "I wonder if this is okay", and it maybe still is. Regarding the color, the asymmetric boom has come to me recently."

Naoki Tanizaki, who excites the venue with his intense fight, has been sticking to the half pants style almost consistently since his debut, but has arrived at a type that have slits in it. 
"At first, I used to wear shorts, but the area between the buttocks was pulled and immediately torn. That is why I thought, I am going to cut it and so I put a slit in, and the costumes are no longer damaged". 

Another thing that has recently taken root is the baseball shirt style jacket that he wears during matches. This shirt has a meaning as team wear. Shirts have taken root in the last four years, with ones prepared for the fight between Dove and BASARA. 
"I am always fighting with Dove on my back, so wherever I go this is to keep in mind the feelings of the rivalry."
  
In the past he wore pants and skirts that are similar to mixed martial arts. He tried various types, but now he has found the best style and it has naturally reverted to this form. 

"Recently, I haven't had many opportunities to get a lot of attention from Weekly Pro, and I want to spread Dove Pro Wrestling even more. When Corona calms down, I want to hold a super crowded event, and do another Osaka Mixture!"

Translated from Weekly Pro 
Picture credit: Weekly Pro

No comments:

Post a Comment