Thursday, December 3, 2020

(DOVE) Handle with care! Battle News of vaper wrestler, Naoki Tanizaki ~ Pleased to meet you, Dove Wrestling~


"Nice to meet everyone who reads Battle News. I am Naoki Tanizaki, a wrestler who enjoys using VAPE, who belongs to Dove Wrestling. For those who are old or new readers, and those who are not familiar with me, I will be responsible for writing a column here every other week, I thank you for your continued support.

I think it would be quicker if you referred to Wikipedia for background etc. However, although there are some subtle differences in the Wiki (laughs). By nature, I don't hate writing, so with some trial and error I want to send this off while having fun. By the way, in the past, I wrote a column each week at a promotion that I belonged to for many years, and at the DDT sponsored Bastard Z produce, there was the Erotic Novel Deathmatch, where I participated in the match by reading it out loud. I have also been informed that the short story I wrote is one of the most highly rated works that has passed the second screening in the Gentosha contest, and I have been contacted to take charge of it. 
I will talk about that matter and VAPE again. 

Although this introduction is long, I would like to write an intro about the about the encounter with a promotion called Dove Wrestling, to which I currently belong. 
I first encountered Dove in 2015, about five years ago. Until then, I had only participated in DragonGate and a few other promotions, but when I first saw the video, it was love at first sight. It was the same impact as seeing pro wrestling for the first time in the second year of Junior High School!
It's not large, but it has an underground atmosphere of a live music club which is crowded with closely packed spectators. During the match, I was fascinated by how the DJ was enthusiastic about the sound, and the quality of the matches were not that of an indie group. I fell in love at first sight. It was an atmosphere that was filled with my favorite elements. Even though I still belonged to DragonGate at the time, I wanted to fight in this ring! Through a drinking buddy I got in touch with "Uchi" (Shoichi Uchida), who belongs to Dove, and my wish came true with the first offer*. 

At Club AgeHa (formerly the Dotonbori Arena, and now a hostel), I had a singles match with YO-HEY (who currently belongs to Noah) on August 23rd 2015. From that first participation, the urge of the libido still remained, and so I asked a friend who is a GOGO dancer to enter with me. 
I can't say that there were many customers, but the tightly packed crowd who were very drunk and in an atmosphere where amazing things like the sound from the DJ, the lighting, and the extraordinary pro wrestling was accelerating further, I left satisfied, refreshed with alcohol and excited. It felt good.

Dove Wrestling broadcasts past matches on YouTube every Wednesday from 21:00 JST, and also has live broadcasts with guest commentary. Search for "Dove Wrestling" (or ダブプロレス), watch, click the like button and subscribe to the channel".

*Japanese publishing company
*In English we would term this as a "try-out"

No comments:

Post a Comment